- Leave clingfilm on for 4 hours.
- Wash your hands then remove clingfilm. Gently wash your tattoo using only your hands, cool or lukewarm water and a hypoallergenic antibacterial liquid soap. Rinse soap off thoroughly.
- Pat tattoo dry with fresh clean kitchen paper, alternatively allow the tattoo to air dry (Do not wipe dry).
- Apply a light film of aftercare eg. Hustle Butter (available from the studio) or Bepanthen (available from the chemist).
- Re-cover the tattoo with new clingfilm using surgical tape.
- Repeat steps 2-5 two or three times daily for 2 or 3 days.
- After 3 days keep the tattoo moist by using your chosen aftercare until any heavy scab has gone. Do not recover the tattoo.
- When the scab is gone you should use a good quality unperfumed moisturising lotion (e.g. Hustle Butter or E45) 3-5 times a day to stop tattoo drying. Repeat for between 2 or 3 weeks.
- Do not pick, scratch or even touch your new tattoo unless you're cleaning it. If the tattoo itched reapply aftercare
- Do not use aftercare products not specifically recommended by your tattooist
- Do not soak the tattoo in water (e.g swimming or baths)
- Do not workout excessively
- Do not use fake tans, oils, cosmetics or sunblock on the tattoo area
- Do not let the tattoo get dirty ( including touching it with unwashed hands)
- Wear loose clothing to allow the tattoo to breathe and avoid friction